[Mailman-Users] Including today's date in the "Prefix for subjectline of list postings"

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 11 23:51:57 CET 2005

JB wrote:

>One further question, then. Do you know of a way that I can start the
>sequence number from a number other than 1?

It is the list attribute post_id. The easiest way to set it is with
bin/withlist. For example, here I have a list named list2 which has
never been posted to and I am setting the next sequence # to 4237.
Note that it is a floating point value, i.e. typing the '.' is
important.

$ bin/withlist -l list2
The variable `m' is the list2 MailList instance
>>> m.post_id
1.0
>>> m.post_id = 4237.
>>> m.Save()

Unlocking (but not saving) list: list2
Finalizing
$

'$' is the shell prompt, '>>>' is the Python prompt, the last input to
Python is control-D (end of file).