[Mailman-Users] Including today's date in the "Prefix for subjectline of list postings"

Jared Rimer jrimer at tagline.cc
Mon Nov 14 03:52:02 CET 2005

What's XYZ mean in that sequence?

At 14:14 11/11/2005, you wrote:
>JB wrote:
> >
> >In the General Options section, in the field that asks for "Prefix for
> >subject line of list postings," Is it possible for me to add a variable
> >that would add today's date to the subject line? I'd like to add it in
> >the format mm/dd/yyyy. I've tried a few guesses but so far have only
> >gotten the text I type to be transmitted literally.
>
>There is no option to add the date. In Mailman 2.1.6, you can add a
>sequence number to the prefix with something like
>
>[XYZ %d]
>
>where %d will be replaced by a message sequence number, but that's all.
>
>--
>Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,
>San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

>Security Policy:
>http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&amp;file=faq01.027.htp

Jared Rimer
Business website: http://www.superior-software.com/support
Personal Website: http://www.asmodean.net/jrimer
Music Education Network for the Visually Impaired  http://menvi.org a
service done through Superior Software level one
WBBY Internet Radio and All In Play team up.  Learn more
http://www.menvi.org/allinplay
WBBY Internet Radio: www.wbby.us