[Mailman-Users] special characters in headers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Nov 16 06:51:48 CET 2005

Lisa Bronson wrote:

>Has anyone ever successfully used characters (such as the inverted
>question mark, c with cedilla, n with tilde) in an email list header?
>We've tried a number of different things, including using an = sign
>followed by the hex value of the character, and setting through the
>command line, but so far, nothing has worked.

Are you talking about putting these characters into things like
msg_header and digest_header? If so, what is the list language and
what is the character set of the list language (from the table at the
end of Defaults.py) and have you tried entering them directly in that
character set (i.e. just the character itself)?