[Mailman-Users] setting up mailman

Mike Wharton mwharton at presdata.com.au
Thu Nov 17 09:20:22 CET 2005

Hi,

I am trying to set up mailman on my server running Fedora 2. I have
installed Mailman 2.1.5-10.fc2.

I have followed the setup instruction contained in the Install document
included with the install. I have done the following...

Set the mailman.confg file /etc/httpd/config.d to point to my domain

Stopped and restarted apache

Set the site password using the /var/mailman/bin/mmsitepass

Set the DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST (to a virtual domain on the
server) in /var/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py

And here is where the problem occurs...

When I attempt to run /var/mailman/bin/newlist mailman  to create the
newsite I get the following error...

> /var/mailman/bin/newlist mailman
Enter the email of the person running the list: Traceback (most recent call
last):
  File "/var/mailman/bin/newlist", line 219, in ?
    main()
  File "/var/mailman/bin/newlist", line 139, in main
    owner_mail = raw_input(
EOFError: EOF when reading a line

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what I might have missed?

TIA

Mike

  PresData Services

  Mike Wharton

  22 Barkly St, Mordialloc, Victoria, 3195
  Phone: (03) 9580 5940  -  Mobile 0413 189 198

  Firefly Phone: 80189198