[Mailman-Users] having trouble getting webpages to come up

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Thu Nov 17 22:38:09 CET 2005

In a flurry of recycled electrons, Eric Evans wrote:

> No, we're definitely not using any rewriting rules.  What I'd really like
> to know is, what exactly is it that connects Mailman to Apache?  Is it just
> that one ScriptAlias statement in the httpd.conf?  If so, then how exactly
> how does this work?  I'd really like to understand the process by which the
> Apache server is able to find the Mailman admin web page.  There is clearly
> some kind of big disconnect between Mailman and Apache on our server.

>From my apache2 config:

   ScriptAlias /mailman/  "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"
    <Directory "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/">
        AllowOverride None
        Options None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

That's about it. Well, that and the correct permissions -everywhere-.
Even if check_perms thinks they're correct, check what uid/gid apache
will use for cgi's against all the directory permissions.

z!