[Mailman-Users] setting up mailman

Mike Wharton mwharton at presdata.com.au
Sat Nov 19 01:08:15 CET 2005

When I enter the suggested commands I get comprehensive details of python
using 'help', however 'copyright' and others return 'command not found'

> python
> Python 2.4.1 (#1, May 27 2005, 18:02:40)
> [GCC 3.3.3 (cygwin special)] on cygwin
> copyright
sh: line 1: copyright: command not found
> help
GNU bash, version 2.05b.0(1)-release (i386-redhat-linux-gnu)
These shell commands are defined internally.  Type `help' to see this list.
Type `help name' to find out more about the function `name'.
Use `info bash' to find out more about the shell in general.
Use `man -k' or `info' to find out more about commands not in this list.

Following is the result of the x = prompt... etc

> copyright
sh: line 1: copyright: command not found
> x = raw_input('Prompt: ')
> answer
sh: line 1: answer: command not found
> x = raw_input('Prompt: ')
> Prompt: answer
sh: line 1: Prompt:: command not found
> print x
sh: line 1: print: command not found

I am a total newbie when it comes to linix and am learning as I go so I may
not have fully understood your suggestion. I typed these into the command
line in the webmin interface on my server.

Still no luck.....

Mike