[Mailman-Users] Restricted accounts [was: Bounce message confusion]

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Nov 19 13:39:06 CET 2005

    Mark> I have heard other reports of ISP's offering Mailman service
    Mark> and effectively restricting Mailman to 500 (or some number)
    Mark> of recipients per hour. I think this is ridiculous,
    Mark> deceptive and borders on fraudulent.

I don't think it's unreasonable at all if properly explained before
you sign up.  It can be very useful.  I used to run a half-dozen lists
for family and friends, ie, literally small circles of 3-10 members.
None of them ever sent as many as 100 messages in a day, let alone in
an hour.  As the FAQ puts it, this kind of restriction is what you're
signing up for when you get a "consumer" account.

One should read the fine print when signing up for services that seem
remarkably cheap, that's all.