[Mailman-Users] setting up mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Nov 20 18:28:42 CET 2005

Mike Wharton wrote:
>I have added all items to mailman and http config files. I have successfully
>created the list and added the alias info, however, still no luck
>I have found the error log and error is as follows...
>[Sun Nov 20 16:59:53 2005] [error] [client] Premature end of
>script headers: listinfo
>I have looked at the FAQ but cannot find any mention of this....

This is mentioned in the 'other' FAQ <http://www.list.org/faq.html>

There is also a lot of discussion of this in the archives of this list.
See for example the entire thread beginning at

The wrapper (cgi-bin/listinfo) is being found, but most likely, there
is some kind of permissions error that prevents access to the wrapper.
Have you run bin/check_perms on your installation?

It could also be a group mismatch error as I mentioned previously, but
I don't think this results in "Premature end of script headers".

If you are running SELinux, there could be an issue there, although the
reported manifestations don't seem to affect wrapper access. See