[Mailman-Users] Confirm Subscription by reply email fails -continued

Sat Nov 26 09:54:49 CET 2005

<pcv_info-request at hostnet.com.au>.

>Did you get a 'results of your email commands' reply? If so, what did
>it say?

When I registered to the list I received an email addressed to
The address I subscribed to (support at presdata.com.au) from
list-name-request at hostnet.com.au.

message, keeping the Subject: header intact.  Or visit this web page:

http://www.hostnet.com.au/mailman/confirm/presbyterian-info-nsw/136a4fcd4da5
fc8b4ba96f937bf0abf70510332c

Or include the following line -- and only the following line -- in a
message to presbyterian-info-nsw-request at hostnet.com.au:

******************

When I hit the reply to email the To: was list-name-request at hostnet.com.au

The subject line of this email contained

"RE: confirm 136a4fcd4da5fc8b4ba96f937bf0abf70510332c"

I the received an email addressed to

presbyterian-info-nsw-request at hostnet.com.au

This was obviously the email I had just sent via the reply.

It may be that I misunderstand the way in which this list functions. I
though that the validation was automatically processed by Mailnam. However,
it seems that I (the owner of the list) have to manually process the
confirmation of subscription when I (the list owner) receive the reply from
the individual wishing to join the list.

Question: Is it meant to be an automatic validation/confirmation? Or, am I
(the list owner) always going to have to manually confirm the subscriber
after receiving the list confirm email after subscription has been
requested?