[Mailman-Users] Setting the whole list parameters to another one.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Nov 29 05:15:00 CET 2005

Dave Bevis1 wrote:
>Is there a way to use config_list but have it leave certain values
>unchanged i.e. subject prefix or explicit reply to header or moderator

Yes. Just leave those things out of the input file. The input file only
needs to mention those attributes you want to change.

>Can you apply the configuration to multiple lists in one command -
>./config_list -i newconfig list1, list2, list3...?

No. You have to create a shell script or similar to invoke config_list
on each list, one at a time.

>And lastly, I am running this on a Mac OS X 10.3.9 server and have two
>files in my /bin directory - one is ./config_list and the other is
>./apple_config_list. They seem to do the same thing. Is there a
>difference? Do you need to use the ./apple... on OS X?

I don't know the answer to that one. Maybe there's another OS X server
Mailman user on this list that does.