[Mailman-Users] hide lists from listinfo page only (leave on admin page)

Xiaoyan Ma xma at uclink.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 5 07:16:16 CEST 2005

Brad:
Thank you for your advice. Sorry it took me so long get back on this.

I have submitted the new feature request as you suggested. As for applying patches, I don't know
how it will affect upgrades. Do you normally need to un-patch before upgrade and then re-apply
patches?

I would like to learn from other people on the list about how to organize large number of lists.
With Majorcool, you can search from the drop down menu or search by key word. You can also tell if
a list is open for subscription. Mailman's listinfo/admin page simply displays all lists from a-z
(unless they are hidden). When there are hundreds of lists, it is not easy to find the list you
for are looking for and once you find it you can not tell if you can subscribe to it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Xiaoyan