[Mailman-Users] Debian & Postfix Mailman Config Issue

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Oct 9 23:23:34 CEST 2005

Michel R Vaillancourt wrote:

>	Hello to the list!  I am setting up my second mailman box;  this one is
>a Debian 'Etch' installation.  It is a Postfix MTA, with two domains
>that I wish to host lists for on the one box.  I am attempting to use
>the '/var/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py' file as a Postfix
>transport engine, per the instructions.  However, for some reason, I
>can't get Postfix to accept mail for my testing list; it returns:
>
>550 <wolfstar-test at ext2.wolfstar.ca>: Recipient address rejected: User
>unknown in local recipient table

This is telling you that postfix doesn't know how to deliver this mail.
This is a Postfix configuration issue. Did you edit the three postfix
configuration files as described in the INSTALLATION section of the
comments at the beginning of postfix-to-mailman.py? If so, and you
still have this problem, you might have better luck persuing this on a
Postfix list.