[Mailman-Users] issues after conversion

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Oct 13 21:28:24 CEST 2005

At 11:25 AM -0700 2005-10-13, Sean Roe wrote:

>  I am in the process of transfering over my lists to a new machine and
>  converting them to mysql.

	Please keep in mind that the MySQL Member Adapter is an
unsupported third-party patch.

>  _mysql_exceptions.ProgrammingError: (1064, "You have an error in your
>  SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server
>  version for the right syntax to use near '-child (\n  address
>  varchar(255) NOT NULL,\n  hide enum('Y','N') N")
>  Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "MysqlMemberships instance has no
>  attribute 'conn'" in <bound method MysqlMemberships.__del__ of
>  <Mailman.MysqlMemberships.MysqlMemberships instance at 0x406250ec>> ignored
>
>  I checked the tables on the mysql server and they all appear to be
>  there, so I am confused.  Any guidance would be helpful.

	Well, I don't know SQL, but that error message seems pretty explicit.

	Have you checked to make sure that the MySQL Member Adapter is
compatible with Exim 4, and the way you have Exim configured?

	I think you're more likely to get useful assistance if you
contact the author of the MySQL Member Adapter directly, and/or post
to the Exim mailing lists, read the Exim FAQ and other documentation,
etc....

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755