[Mailman-Users] Mailman to postfix hideously slow

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Oct 14 18:42:47 CEST 2005

micah milano wrote:

>I put it in and restarted everything, doesn't seem to have changed
>anything... still waiting for my test message to be delivered. :(

I looked at your postfix config from your original post, and while I
don't fully understand it, I see "reject_unknown_recipient_domain,".
The FAQ at
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.011.htp
says "* Configure your MTA to not do DNS verifies on receipt from
localhost. Most MTAs default to doing verifies by default. Leaving
that turned on will slow delivery rates from mailman to your MTA
significantly, especially for larger lists." I wouldn't really expect
this to be the problem here since your messages have few recipients,
but it is something to look at.

I assume you've checked postfix logs.

In addition to the above FAQ, see 6.4 and 6.6