[Mailman-Users] Strange errors

Dan Szkola szkola at tanis.cso.niu.edu
Wed Oct 19 18:13:39 CEST 2005

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>Dan Szkola wrote (in separate posts):
>

>You could try the following patch to the $prefix/scripts/post script to
>print the environment each time it is invoked. Assuming sendmail
>doesn't choke on this in the normal case, it should appear in the DSN
>in the error case.

Patched the admin script as suggested. When I saw the error this
morning, I emailed
to the admin address of our test list. Here is what I got:

PYTHONPATH /usr/local/mailman
AGENT sendmail
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/admin", line 36, in ?
    from Mailman.Queue.sbcache import get_switchboard
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/sbcache.py", line 19, in ?
    from Mailman.Queue.Switchboard import Switchboard
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 47, in ?
    from Mailman.Logging.Syslog import syslog
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Syslog.py", line 22, in ?
    from Mailman.Logging.StampedLogger import StampedLogger
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line 20, in ?
    from Mailman.Logging.Logger import Logger
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 25, in ?
    from Mailman.Logging.Utils import _logexc
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Utils.py", line 18, in ?
    import traceback
ImportError: No module named traceback
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 1

--