[Mailman-Users] ascii error

Doc Schneider maddoc at maddoc.net
Mon Oct 24 06:53:09 CEST 2005

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Doc Schneider wrote:
>>I'm getting this error in logs/error
>>Oct 23 22:55:22 2005 (20244) Uncaught runner exception: 'ascii' codec
>>can't decode byte 0xa0 in position 35: ordinal not in range(128)
>>And qfiles/shunt is catching a lot of messages in it.
> There is a message with a non-ascii character (hex code a0 = iso-8859-1
> small a acute), probably in a header. This could be in a series of
> incoming messages, but more likely it is in a list's
> lists/listname/digest.mbox file.
> To be more specific, we need to see the traceback associated with the
> above error.

I looked through the error log and this has been happening to just one
list I have and been going on since the 19 Oct.

I also looked at the digest.mbox and there is only two in there.

Peeking at the shunt files there is some unprocessed spam in it from a
while back, like a couple months ago. And about 200 files in there from
this particular list.

Just wanted to fill you in on what I've found on my system.