[Mailman-Users] "bounce" message from misconfigured mail host(s) [postoffice at xizor.is.scarlet.be: Returned mail: User unknown]

Brad Knowles brad at python.org
Wed Oct 26 22:16:31 CEST 2005

At 5:48 PM +0200 2005-10-26, Hannah Schroeter wrote:

>  I'm getting "bounces" like this from a misconfigured site which bounces
>  to the header From instead of the envelope from.
>
>  Perhaps that recipient should just be removed from the list?
>
>  The "bounce" has envelope from
>    jean.jacques.blanckaert at tiscali.be
>    (should be empty!)
>  header from
>    postoffice at xizor.is.scarlet.be
>  and stems from
>    [193.74.71.21] (helo=xizor.is.scarlet.be)
>    (helo matches the reverse-mapping of the IP, double reverse check
>    matches)

	This user has already been removed from the list.  The problem is
at tiscali.be, but we're not going to wait for them to get their
system fixed.

	In the future, please report these kinds of problems to
mailman-users-owner at python.org, or postmaster at python.org.

--
Brad Knowles <brad at python.org>          Python.org Postmaster Team