[Mailman-Users] problem to send e-mil to the list

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Fri Oct 28 04:16:58 CEST 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 07:23 am, you wrote:
> Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> >I upgraded my server to Mandriva 2006. Since then I cannot send post to
> > the mailing list on my server.
> >When I add a new user I get a confirmation.
> >When I create a new list, I get a confirmation.
> >When I post to the list, I get the mseeage the the user doesn't exist.
>
> This appears to be an MTA configuration (aliases?) issue.
You are very likely right

> >Whne I post to the list at kostname.domain.com instead of list at domian.com I
> > can send the e-mail but of course it comes back.
>
> Comes back from what with what reason? Do you mean it comes back from
> mailman? If so, with what reason. Offhand, I can't think of any reason
> why Mailman wouldn't accept it except maybe 'implicit destination' and
> this should result in a held message, not a reject.

Sending failed:
Message sending failed since the following recipients were rejected by the
server:
spuhlerfam at btspuhler.com (The server responded: "<spuhlerfam at btspuhler.com>:
Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table")
The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the problem
(e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the 'outbox' folder.
The following transport protocol was used:
Kolab Server

> >It looks as if mailman doesn't pick up the correct 2domain.com
>
> It looks to me like a MTA (postfix) configuration issue.
>
> >I have in mm_cfg.py domain.com as e-mail address for the server.
> >
> >I am using Kolab 2 and postfix as e-mail setup.
>
> Or maybe it's a Kolab 2/postfix issue. I don't think it's Mailman.

No but I don't know how to solve it. I am probably missing something in the
postfix configuration. How does postfix get to know the mailman mailing
lists? where does it get the mailing list address.

My mm_cfg.py has this:
# Here's where we get the distributed defaults.

from Defaults import *

# Put YOUR site-specific settings below this line.
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'btspuhler.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.btspuhler.com'
MTA = 'Postfix'

all I added in main.cf is this, the hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
as

alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases

--

Thomas Spuhler

All e-mail from this domain is scanned for viruses