[Mailman-Users] name of my mailing-list adress ...

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Oct 28 23:56:06 CEST 2005

antoine at starinux.org wrote:

>I installed "Mailman" on my computer.
>(+ Apache and Postfix)
>My domain is : "rezoperso.net"
>My hostname is : "aw.rezoperso.net"
>
>Everything works fine when I create my mailing-list named : "starinux".
>
>But how to create the name of The Email adress of the ML "starinux" ?
>
>When I register a new member, all works fine and the Email adress of the ML is :
>"starinux at antoine@aw.rezoperso.net"

If you look at the General Options page for the list, I think you'll
find host_name is 'antoine at aw.rezoperso.net'. It should not be this.
It should probably be just 'aw.rezoperso.net'.

If you set this to 'antoine at aw.rezoperso.net', that is not correct. If
it was set that way in the list creation process, your settings for
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and maybe DEFAULT_URL_HOST are wrong.

>So my two questions :
>1) How to create a valid Mailing List Email Adress,

See above.

>2) Does it comme from "postfix" =>  "/etc/postfix/main.cf"  file bad configured
>     or from "mailman"

Mailman.