[Mailman-Users] Getting started with Postfix virtual domains

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Oct 30 18:03:15 CET 2005

Brian Parish wrote:

>I have been hosting using Postfix for a while now, but am just setting up
>Mailmain for the first time.  Following the installation instructions, I am
>breaking postfix when adding the virtual-mailman entry to my
>virtual_alias_maps line in main.cf
>
>This is obviously because at this point virtual-mailman.db does not exist, but
>I don't see a step to create it.  Presumably I am missing the bleeding
>obvious here?

Did you run bin/genaliases?

Have you set MTA = 'Postfix' in mm_cfg.py?

Have you set POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS in mm_cfg.py?

Are there any lists with host_name attribute matching a domain in
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS ?

See http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node13.html

Does data/virtual-mailman exist? If so and data/virtual-mailman.db does
not exist, does POSTFIX_MAP_CMD in Defaults.py point to the right
command file (if not, set it in mm_cfg.py.).