[Mailman-Users] Can we use an external mail server with mailman ?

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 17:02:30 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 16:27 +0200, julien grosjean wrote:
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'proxiad.com'
> My mailman server is extranet-proxiad.com (193.252.219.206)

> We can suscribe to the list, but the problem is than when we sent an
> email to the list email, such as test at proxiad.com,

Sorry, I should have said this in my last email. This will not work. You
are tyring to send mail to proxiad.com but mailman is on
extranet-proxiad.com. proxiad.com won't know what to do with the mail,
Unless proxiad.com knows to relay the mail to extranet-proxiad.com.

Issues of relaying and SMTP configuration are outside the scope of the
mailman-users list. You will need to learn what the SMTP server is on
proxiad.com and configure it correctly. Or, locate everything on one
server.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>