[Mailman-Users] Turn off wraping a line

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Apr 3 02:14:41 CEST 2006

DongInn Kim wrote:

>Thanks for your answer.
>Yes, I don't care about 'header folding' but 'body folding'.
>My issue occurred because we believe that MUA and MTA have setup not to
>wrap any long lines but mailman somehow wraps them up.

How long are these lines before and after wrapping?

If you look for example at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-March/050215.html>
you will see a post with a 740 character line that isn't wrapped.

>So, I am looking for any thing to turn off this feature on mailman.
>Can this be done on mm_cfg.py or do I have to tweak some codes
>(especially Mailman/Utils.py)?

There is no mm_cfg.py setting for this. In fact, I don't think there is
anything in the mailman code at all that does this intentionally, so I
can't tell you where to look.

If the lists Non-digest options->scrub-nondigest is set to Yes, you
might try setting it to No to see if that makes a difference (if so,
you would then look at Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py).