[Mailman-Users] Mailman list configuration problems..

Arroyo, Steven C scarroy at sandia.gov
Tue Apr 4 20:52:38 CEST 2006

Hopefully this will be easy. I wasn't able to find any help in the list
Basics: Solaris 2.8;  mailman 2.1.7;  python 2.4.2; apache 1.3.28 in ssl
mode, httpd.conf > "Group commerce";
Problem: Changes to lists are not working. Example, changing Privacy
Option > Sender Filters > generic_nonmember_action > to "Hold" from
"Accept". Then select "Submit Your Changes" on the admin web page, and
the change doesn't take on the admin page or the pck file. However the
config.pck files appear to have been updated: (current date 4/4 12:40pm)
-rw-rw----   1 commerce nofiles     3652 Apr  4 12:40 config.pck
-rw-rw----   1 commerce nofiles     3652 Apr  4 12:35 config.pck.last
-rwxrwxrwx   1 mailman  nofiles       24 Mar 30 14:19 request.pck
Then check with dumpdb:  dumpdb config.pck|grep generic
'generic_nonmember_action': 0,  (and in this example I wanted it to be
No error logged in ../mailman/logs or apache/logs;  Check_perms comes up
clean. I can modify list attributes with config_list.
Any help is appreciated.