[Mailman-Users] Can't send or receive via mail lists

Webmaster webmaster at gypsydev.us
Wed Apr 5 17:27:28 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm running a VPS which uses CentOS, Cpanel and WHM.

The first problem I encountered with Mailman, I wasn't able to create a
mail list for a client using cpanel.  I had to go into the Default.py
file and add my hostname instead of "localhost".  That allowed me to
create a mail list.

Now I can't send or receive from the list.  I can't even subscribe
people.  It acts like it is working, but none of my messages get sent,
none of the people I manually add in the interface appear on the list, I
never receive any error messages via email or the interface that states
something is wrong.  I went through and made sure cron and python were
available/running.  What I found was that mailmanctl and/or qrunner
wasn't running.  From what I can tell, when I looked in the mailman
cron, there wasn't anything scheduled other then the monthly reminder
stuff.
At the advice of the company that I pay for this VPS, I restarted the
cpanel services.  Here's the results:

Stopping cPanel services:                                  [  OK  ]
Stopping pop3 services:                                    [  OK  ]
Stopping cPanel log services:                              [  OK  ]
Stopping cPanel Chat services:                             [  OK  ]
Stopping Melange Chat services:                            [  OK  ]
Stopping InterChange services:                             [FAILED]
Stopping cPanel ssl services:                              [  OK  ]

Stopping mailman services: Shutting down Mailman's master qrunner
PID unreadable in:
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid
[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid'
Is qrunner even running?

Starting eximstats:                                        [  OK  ]
Starting cPanel services:                                  [  OK  ]
Starting cPanel Log services:                              [  OK  ]
Starting pop3 services:                                    [  OK  ]
Starting cPanel Chat services:                             [  OK  ]
Starting Melange Chat services:                            [  OK  ]
Starting cPanel ssl services:                              [  OK  ]
Starting mailman services: Site list is missing: mailman

Can anyone decipher all of that and maybe make a suggestion on what I
need to do next to get my mail lists working properly?  It seems there
is an issue with the qrunner.pid

Thanks,