[Mailman-Users] Can't send or receive via mail lists

Webmaster webmaster at gypsydev.us
Wed Apr 5 18:34:20 CEST 2006

Patrick Bogen wrote:

>On 4/5/06, Webmaster <webmaster at gypsydev.us> wrote:
>

>>Stopping mailman services: Shutting down Mailman's master qrunner
>>PID unreadable in:
>>/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid
>>[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>>'/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid'
>>Is qrunner even running?
>>

>Either qrunner isn't running (and, thus, doesn't need to be stopped),
>OR the .pid file got lost, and you'll need to kill it manually
>somehow.
>

>>Starting mailman services: Site list is missing: mailman
>>

>Is this the list you're trying to create the first list you've created
>on the site?
>If so, you're probably going to need to create 'mailman' first. I
>actually haven't set up a mailman installation from scratch yet, so I
>might be wrong on this.

Thank you for the reply.  There are only 4 domains on this VPS and yes,
this is the only list (so far).

As far as above, I think there is no qrunner.pid and that is confusing
the shutdown process.  I went through and grep'd for qrunner and
couldn't find it anywhere.

I'll have to research to see if I need to create a master mailman list
or what exactly that means.

Thanks,
Roger