[Mailman-Users] Can't send or receive via mail lists

Webmaster webmaster at gypsydev.us
Wed Apr 5 20:44:10 CEST 2006

Patrick Bogen wrote:

>On 4/5/06, Webmaster <webmaster at gypsydev.us> wrote:
>>I'll have to research to see if I need to create a master mailman list
>>or what exactly that means.
>The process of creating the site list is (briefly) described here:
>- Patrick Bogen

I've checked out that link.  Seems simple enough.

But it also brought me back to the original document I was using:

Notice in step #2 about Aliases.  Here's what I get when I grep mailman
/etc/aliases  :

mailman-admin: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman admin
mailman-bounces: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman
bounces mailman"
mailman-confirm: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman
confirm mailman"
mailman-join: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman join
mailman-leave: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman leave
mailman-owner: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman owner
mailman-request: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman
request mailman"
mailman-subscribe: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman
subscribe mailman"
mailman-unsubscribe: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman
unsubscribe mailman"
mailman: /dev/null
mailman-loopback: /dev/null
owner-mailman: mailman-admin

If these are already set, do I still need to create a new site wide mail
list?  Perhaps these are pointing to a site list that just doesn't
exist?  Or, do these have nothing to do with each other?