[Mailman-Users] archiving partial duplicates

Con Wieland cwieland at uci.edu
Thu Apr 6 20:50:44 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm having trouble with one of my archives. This archive is about 5
years old and is fairly large. The problem is I recently had to
remove a message and reindex. When I checked the archives for the
current month a number of partial messages showed up with no from
line and no date. These actually turned out to be chunks from some
very old messages. I am confused though because the original message
shows up fine and the current month's archive shows an incomplete
portion of the old message. I'm assuming it's a corrupt message but I
don't understand why it's showing up in both places. I have a couple
dozen of these. I don't know if this existed before my last arch
rebuild.  I have gone through several of these and am not able to see
anything unusual. I have also checked the messages preceding and
after the messages in question to no avail.

Any idea's on what to look for would be appreciated.

Con Wieland
Network and Academic Computing Services