[Mailman-Users] all posted messages discarded by incomingrunner

Jesse Sanford jesse at seedboxconnect.com
Sat Apr 8 22:19:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

This is kind of a followup to the Feb. 2006 thread about messages
being discarded (http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-
February/049327.html).

Where do I check ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER as per the previous post?  Is
that a runtime environment variable?

I am using mailman2.1.7, although I have a qmail+vpopmail setup so
there are actually multiple installs of mailman running on my system
for various domains.

 From 2.1.5--2.1.7, I've had problems with lists that would appear to
work and then suddenly start discarding messages.  From the process
number in logs/vette and the mod dates in the qfiles/ dir I know they
are being discarded by the IncomingRunner.  But, no log is made
except for:

Apr 08 12:47:56 2006 (25550) Message discarded, msgid: <FD599F62-
B408-4A5C-BD2E-AF48E2876BA6 at seedboxconnect.com>

Qmail reports the delivery as successful, cron jobs are running, and
list config is set to hold postings from nonmembers, so this must be
an error in parsing.  However, it is intermittent and the list(s)
will sometimes start working again.  I have checked the cron jobs,
python and mailmanctl process status, etc.  Other lists are not
necessarily affected at the same times, but most of my lists are
sometimes affected.  bin/check_db listname does not find any errors.

Thanks for any help.

--
Jesse Sanford <jesse at seedboxconnect.com>