[Mailman-Users] special characters on mail mass subscription

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Apr 10 01:43:37 CEST 2006

daniel trejowrote:

>sorry, I mean the character is in the address, for example:
>apiñeyro at mail.com
>mass subscription sends me a hostile character error

That's right. Mailman does not accept any e-mail address containing
spaces or any of the characters

][()<>|;^,\000-\037\177-\377

(older Mailman versions were a little looser about this). Note that
while some of those characters are allowable in local parts, they have
to be properly quoted to be standards compliant, e.g.,
api\ñeyro at mail.com or "apiñeyro"@mail.com, but Mailman won't accept
them anyway.