[Mailman-Users] "Other subscriptions" page is not showingsubscriptions for one particular list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Apr 10 04:21:50 CEST 2006

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

>Any ideas what might be the problem?
>Are there any "hidden" settings (not available in the web UI), which causes
>the lists to appear disconnected (although the name and email are identical)?

The 'hidden' setting is the list's web_page_url attribute. This is set
at list creation time by interpolating the create web domain into
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN.

BUT, this setting is not what determines whether or not a list appears
in the user's "list my subscriptions" list. It is the list's visible
host_name attribute that determines this.

You say all the lists use exactly the same hostname. Do you mean the
host_name attribute on the General Options page? Your symptom would be
explained if the proscientia-<LOCATION> lists all have one host_name
and the proscientia list has another (perhaps differing only in case)
host_name.