[Mailman-Users] "Other subscriptions" page is not showingsubscriptions for one particular list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Apr 10 17:23:16 CEST 2006

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

>However, can't mailman remove spaces (which are not allowed in hostnames
>anyway according to the RFC) itself? Or simply ignore them when comparing
>host names.

Yes. Apparently, up to now, no one thought of this problem. I think at
least leading and trailing spaces should be removed. Actually, I think
only a trailing space would be a problem. A leading or imbedded space
would result in invalid email addresses and would probably not go
unnoticed.

>Similarly, case shouldn't matter in hostnames,
>as "proscientia.tuwien.ac.at" and "ProScientia.TUWien.Ac.At" are the same by
>definition. So all hostname checks should be made case-insensitive.
>Or would this be too hard to be implemented in mailman?

No. It's not too hard :-) Since people often prefer one spelling over
the other, I would not want to convert saved host domain names to
lower case, but we could certainly do a case insensitive compare.