[Mailman-Users] capitals in list address'

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Apr 10 23:57:06 CEST 2006

Matthew Clarkson wrote:

>I know that having capitals in a email address is not standard, and it
>seems as though mailman will not allow it; Although, what I need is a
>set of lists with the roman numerals 2 (II) in them, without the address
>showing up with ii's.  Is there any way to do this?

You can capitalize whatever you like in real_name (The public name of
this list) on the General Options page, and the list will appear that
way on the admin and listinfo overviews and in text on other web
pages, but the list name in URLs and email addresses will still be all
lower case. I think that's the best you can do without significant
code changes.