[Mailman-Users] spamming of my list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Apr 11 07:27:07 CEST 2006

Louis Headley wrote:

>I have started to receive spam to my list. While my members are not recieving them (all posts must be approved), is there a way to discard all requests at once?

Mailman 2.1.5 and up have a "Discard all messages marked defer"
checkbox on the admindb page.

There is a bin/discard command line script that allows something like

bin/discard data/heldmsg-list-*

>At the moment, I must go thru the list one by one. THere as many as 40 per week. How can i stop people from spam my list?

When you figure that out, you can sell it and make a fortune :-)

What you can do is integrate spam filtering in your incoming mail
process and filter it out before it gets to Mailman.