[Mailman-Users] Is there a no-password no-corfirmation unsubscribeoption anywhere?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Apr 11 07:48:47 CEST 2006

Edward Muller wrote:

>Is there a no-password, no confirmation unsubscribe option anywhere in
>Mailman? I have a client that wants this despite my protests. Apparently
>since we put Mailman in place he is getting a lot of complaints (and rude
>comments) about their unsubscription process.

He can always set Privacy options...->Subscription
rules->unsubscribe_policy to Yes. Then he'll have to do the
confirmation instead of the user.

Otherwise, you either have to hack the Mailman code or build a separate
web or email unsubscribe that gets Mailman to do the unsubscribe
without confirmations in the same way that admin Mass removal or
bin/remove_members does.