[Mailman-Users] Can't get list to post messages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Apr 12 16:27:28 CEST 2006

Vicki Stanfield wrote:
>  So I have no idea how to troubleshoot when it simply doesn't work and
>  there are no errors being logged.

Your previous post showed two copies of RetryRunner. This is probably
not the cause of your problem, but it should be cleaned up. See

Have you checked all the things in

Are messages being queued anywhere? Check all the subdirectories of

Are messages even getting to Mailman? Check MTA logs.

Can Mailman send at all? Try sending yourself a password reminder.

I suggest at a minimimum you stop Mailman (mailmanctl stop), and make
sure everything is stopped as in FAQ 4.68. Then remove any files from
the locks/ directory and start Mailman. This may help if there were
spurious locks, but at a minimum it will give you a clean start.