[Mailman-Users] Can't get list to post messages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Apr 12 16:27:28 CEST 2006

Vicki Stanfield wrote:

>  So I have no idea how to troubleshoot when it simply doesn't work and
>  there are no errors being logged.

Your previous post showed two copies of RetryRunner. This is probably
not the cause of your problem, but it should be cleaned up. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.068.htp>.

Have you checked all the things in
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp>?

Are messages being queued anywhere? Check all the subdirectories of
qfiles/

Are messages even getting to Mailman? Check MTA logs.

Can Mailman send at all? Try sending yourself a password reminder.

I suggest at a minimimum you stop Mailman (mailmanctl stop), and make
sure everything is stopped as in FAQ 4.68. Then remove any files from
the locks/ directory and start Mailman. This may help if there were
spurious locks, but at a minimum it will give you a clean start.