[Mailman-Users] Archive problems

Thomas Waters thomaswaters at mac.com
Wed Apr 12 16:28:55 CEST 2006

I'm having two problems concerning list archives.

Server: Apple XServe, OS X Server 10.4.5, Mailman 2.1.5

1) In the web interface for Admin, link to list archives does not
have correct path.

I ran bin/fix_url, but that didn't fix the problem
the mm_cfg.py file lists correct default mail host and default url host

2) If I manually fix the URL for archives, I get a list of archives,
but does not include all archives- none of the current months.  I do
not know if 1) it isn't archiving or 2) there is a different issue here.

I think it may not be archiving because in the OS X Server Admin
pane, looking at /var/mailman/logs/error, there are entries like:

Apr 12 10:18:02 2006 (475) Uncaught runner exception: [Errno 13]
Permission denied: '/private/var/mailman/archives/private/rx2006/
database/2006-April-date.lock.rxweb.pharmacy.pitt.edu.475.2'

Permissions for /mailman/archives/  is   Owner: system RW, Group:
mailman RW, Others: R

Thx,

--
Thomas Waters
Director of Information and Communication Services
waterstc at pitt.edu
http://www.pharmacy.pitt.edu