[Mailman-Users] Can't get list to post messages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Apr 12 19:24:25 CEST 2006

Vicki Stanfield wrote:

>  Apr 12 12:55:03 thepenguin sm-mta[6794]: k3CGt2Ru006794: from=<vicki at stanfield.net>,
>  size=1064, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<20060412165510.C2EE14F58A at ws6-5.us4.outblaze.com>,
>  proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=ws6-5.us4.outblaze.com
>  [205.158.62.152]
>  Apr 12 12:55:03 thepenguin sm-mta[6798]: k3CGt2Ru006794: to=<homegroup at thepenguin.org>,
>  delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri=31277, dsn=2.0.0,
>  stat=Sent

Did this message wind up in a local mailbox 'homegroup' instead of
being piped to Mailman?

>  I did receive the password reminder that I sent myself.

Good.

Try creating a file containing a raw test message to the list with
headers. Then run

bin/inject -l listname filename

where listname is the name of the list (homegroup?) and filename is the
pathname of the file containing the test message. If this works, the
MTA is not successfully delivering the mail to Mailman.

You say you've gone through the steps in the FAQ. That includes
checking aliases so I assume they are OK, but has postalias been run
(you mentioned postfix in your original mail) to update the aliases.db
file and is the mailman aliases file referenced in alias_maps in
Postfix's main.cf?