[Mailman-Users] Archive problems

Thomas Waters thomaswaters at mac.com
Wed Apr 12 23:09:24 CEST 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 11:36 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> This latter means that if you have an incorrect value for
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST in Defaults.py, and you don't clear it in mm_cfg.py,
> you can get the incorrect host. What you want in mm_cfg.py is:
>
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = ...
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST = ...
> VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
> add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)

Default.py had different values than mm_cfg.py for default url host.
I correcterd it, and the link from the web admin is now correct and
functioning.  Thx.

> That's OK, but you also need to check permissions on the higher
> directories. There are several threads in the archives of this list
> about permissions on Mac OS X. See for example
> <http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amail.python.org++inurl%
> 3Amailman-users+%22permission+denied%22+mac+os>.
>
> Also see the material linked at the end of
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?
> req=show&file=faq01.021.htp>.

I will go over all of this more thoroughly, however, I ran check
perms and it fixed much.  I also ran bin/arch and it appeared to do a
lot.  However, when I hit the archives the shown list is just the
same as it was before running these two things.

--
Thomas Waters
Director of Information and Communication Services
waterstc at pitt.edu
http://www.pharmacy.pitt.edu