[Mailman-Users] Archive problems

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Apr 12 23:18:49 CEST 2006

Thomas Waters wrote:

>I will go over all of this more thoroughly, however, I ran check
>perms and it fixed much.  I also ran bin/arch and it appeared to do a
>lot.  However, when I hit the archives the shown list is just the
>same as it was before running these two things.

It is likely, that the messages with the problems didn't get in the
archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox file in the first place,
so they weren't there for bin/arch. They are however (or were at one
time) in the shunt queue, so running bin/unshunt now that the
permissions are fixed should get them archived.

Be careful however. before running bin/unshunt, look at qfiles/shunt/
and maybe dump some of the entries with bin/show_qfiles or bin/dumpdb
to make soure that there aren't other entries there that you may not
want unshunted.