[Mailman-Users] Redirect all -bounce emails

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Apr 14 04:38:34 CEST 2006

Tom Kavanaugh wrote:

>I recently migrated mailman to a RH Linux server (previously it was a SPARC
>Solaris box).
>For re-directing having all bounces from any list be to the 'mailman' list
>posting address, I updated the Mailman/Handlers/SMTPDirect.py as below. I
>beleive that this was what I did on the Solaris box earlier. But, now on the
>RH Linux box, the -bounce emails are not getting redirected to the mailman
>list.
>
>Is something changed for RH Linux?

The patch seems good.

Can you post to the mailman list at all? Check your aliases to see how
mail to mailman at name.com is being handled. Do you have aliases for the
mailman list at all? Is mail to mailman at name.com being delivered to a
local mailbox?

I recent post to this list
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-April/050332.html>
showed aliases from a cpanel installation where mail to mailman was
sent to /dev/null. I have no reason to think RedHat would do this, but
you never know.