[Mailman-Users] Problem using HTTPS

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 16:18:52 CEST 2006

On 4/14/06, morc at onionleaf.com <morc at onionleaf.com> wrote:
>   Hi Guys,
>
>   I must be really lame not getting it to work, but I can't. What I want to do
> is make all URLs https for added security. I modified the default URL pattern
> to https://%s/... in both mm_cfg.py and Defaults.py, recompiled the Python
As a rule, you shouldn't be changing Defaults.py; mm_cfg.py is enough.
This isn't your problem, though.

> files, but it still gives me all URLs with http. Where do I have to change the
> code or which parameter to make it https? I'm using Debian 3.1 if that matetrs
> and the MailMan version is 2.1.5-8sarge2.
If I recall correctly, DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN is one of those values that
is just a default- I.e., it's 'copied' for a list when the list is
created, so changing the config value only changes it for *new* lists.
See FAQ 4.27.

--
- Patrick Bogen