[Mailman-Users] strange attachment-behaviour when using headers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Apr 14 17:26:45 CEST 2006

peter pilsl wrote:
>When I look at the mail I see that all parts of the mail are
>mime-encoded and it seems that my thunderbird is smart enough to put
>them together while other mailers are not.
>Is there any solution/explanation for this?

As Patrick points out in another reply, this is covered in FAQ 4.39.

>I found that while the mailman-header is 7bit-encoded, the original
>mailbody is 8bit encoded and different charsets are used. Can this be a
>problem of different charsets that cannot be handled by great Outlook and cool Bat ?

The different encodings and character sets are not responsible for the
differing behavior of the different MUAs, but they are the reason why
Mailman put the header in a separate MIME part in the first place.
What version of Mailman is this? The patch described at
was implemented in 2.1.6 and it should help avoid this problem.