[Mailman-Users] editing subscriber email address

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Apr 14 20:19:34 CEST 2006

Redmond Militante wrote:

>Is there a way to edit a malformed subscriber email address?  The admin for one of our lists added members through the web interface using a cut and paste method.  As a result, a couple of addresses are malformed, in that there are extraneous characters.  Is there a way to edit the email addresses without having to delete the member and have them rejoin the mailing list?

The list admin can delete the member and then resubscribe the member
from the admin mass subscribe interface, or the list admin can go to
the existing user's options page by clicking the email address in the
admin membership list and change the address via the options page, but
this requires the user to respond to a confirmation sent to the new
address.

If you wan't to actually change the address and not do the delete and
mass subscribe as above, and you want to avoid the user confirmation,
you would need to call the ApprovedChangeMemberAddress() method
directly using bin/withlist. E.g.,

bin/withlist -l listname
(response)
>>> m.ApprovedChangeMemberAddress('bad_address', 'good_address')
>>> m.Save()

('>>> ' is the Python prompt. The last prompt is answered with
control-D.)