[Mailman-Users] virtual domains and processes

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 21:25:03 CEST 2006

On 4/14/06, Craig Pettersen <day7pettersens at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I really like mailman's features but I have a couple questions about virtual
> domains and mailman.  I read that to have unique list names accross domains
> it's necessary to have separate installations for each domain.  We run email
I'm not sure if this was just a mistype, or a misunderstanding.
You can run all virtual domains off one mailman installation as long
lists. E.g., you couldn't have admin at foo.com and admin at bar.com under
the same installation.

If administratively feasible, a good way to accomplish this would be
to assign all of your domains some unique tag, so that their lists are
FOO-admin at foo.com, etc.

That said, you should be able to alias admin at foo.com to FOO-admin and
admin at bar.com to BAR-admin, but you'd have to take special care not to
confuse the users. This was discussed earlier, I believe, but I don't
recall the final conclusion.

I'm afraid I can't answer your actual question, but perhaps this will
obviate the need for it to be answered?

--
- Patrick Bogen