[Mailman-Users] [Mailman-i18n] New Mailman wiki, Subversion (and other stuff)

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Apr 16 04:38:38 CEST 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 11:17 +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> Barry, thanks for such an encouraging look into the near future. :)

I'm trying to get re-energized! :)

> OK, I've already submitted an i18n howto to the SF tracker, which I
> don't think Tokoi has had time to implement. I would be happy to do a
> full Mailman i18n howto in the wiki. I think we need an
> "Internationalization" space: can I create that, or does an admin
> have to do that? (We should use the full word because we are likely
> to attract first-time translators who don't know the jargon yet: we
> have done so recently.)

Only wiki admins can create spaces.  I thought about creating an
Internationalization space but because spaces are fairly distinct, I
opted instead to create a subpage under the Development space.  Let's
see if that works before adding another space.  (And BTW, although I
haven't read your HOWTO, I think that's /exactly/ the kind of thing I'd
like to see in the wiki!  So go for it. :)

> I'm really pleased that we have a central information space like
> this, which is relatively easily-accessed. It should make updating
> and contribution in general, much easier.

Exactly!

> I think you'd end up spending a lot of time bridging between
> trackers, trying to keep track of items that affect more than one
> version. I'd recommend getting the lot across, if possible.

Yep.

> > Now that Mailman 2.1.8 is out, I've gone ahead and converted the SF
> > CVS
> > repository to Subversion.
>
> Yay! :)

Indeed!  Subversion is /so/ much better than CVS. :)

> I might even get my translation (completed some time ago)
> implemented. ;)

Yes, let's try to make that happen now.
-Barry