[Mailman-Users] Issues with SMTPdirect

Stephen mailman at theabysss.com
Tue Apr 18 19:11:58 CEST 2006

We are currently having issues, with we suspect SMTPdirect, which is currently set to "localhost". The following are some error messages we recieve;

Apr 18 09:00:04 2006 (7284) Low level smtp error: (111, 'Connection refused')
delivery to hiddenaddress at somedomain failed with code -1: (111, 'Connection refused')

We are seeing hours to multiple days in delay of sending, what appears to be happening is it tries to send to smtpdirect for a period of time then finally gives up and uses /usr/lib/sendmail, now we think we tracked it down. But we would like to be able to have more verbose logging, to see what smtpdirect is trying to connect too. Is this possible, minding that we have perl programmers and what not but no one that is a python wizard.

-s