[Mailman-Users] Majordomo to Mailman migration - how to convert majordomo's "restric_post" policy?

Xueshan Feng sfeng at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 21 01:55:23 CEST 2006

We have 25000 majordomo mailing lists and we started migrating these to
mailman. We have a convert script that
convert a majordomo list to mailman - for most part, it works well.
However I  cannot find a way  to carry "restric_post" policy over to
mailman, that is, if a list allows members from another list to post,
can mailman be configured to allow that? In privacy/sender
configuration, I don't seem to find a way to do it.

One way of doing this is to populate  members from another list to the
converted list's sender filter as accepted non-member posting
addresses.
It will get the initial migration working somewhat transparent, but it
is harder for list administrators to maintain it.

Any better ideas?

Thanks,

Susan