[Mailman-Users] Can 'mailman at domain' be changed ?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Apr 21 21:33:48 CEST 2006

Ace Suares wrote:

>On version 2.1.5, on the listinfo page, an email adres  'mailman at domain'
>is mentioned. We have a situation where our clients work with
>mailinglists on 'lists.domain' but receive their mail at 'domain'.

>would like it to display 'mailman at domain.com' but we can not find a way
>how to do that. Can you help !?

The domain portion of this address depends in various ways on what's in
mm_cfg.py and perhaps Defaults.py and possibly on what version of
Mailman you are running (there was an error in this area not corrected
until 2.1.8).

It is complicated to explain all the possibilities, so see the
definitions of get_domain() and get_site_email() in Mailman/Utils.py

Basically, if you have VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = On (the default) and you
access the listinfo page at http://list.domain.com/mailman.listinfo
and you have add_virtualhost('list.domain.com', 'domain.com') in
mm_cfg.py (or if these are the DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST
values), you should see what you want.