[Mailman-Users] Problems Installing from SVN

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Apr 25 21:45:51 CEST 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>I'm a bit
>confused by the errors you report since the web page bug that I'm
>aware of was fixed in subversion before the ReopenableFileHandler
>class was added to loginit.py. What is in the error log from the web
>page bug?

Never mind!

The web page bug is new, and it's the same as the mailmanctl bug.

The issue is that in mailman.loginit.py, the call to
logging.FileHandler.__init__() does not accept the 'encoding'
argument. It needs to be just

        logging.FileHandler.__init__(self, filename, mode)

but if you fix that, you'll just run into other problems later. As I
said in my prior reply, the subversion trunk just isn't useable yet.
Use the Release_2_1-maint branch or the 2.1.8 tarball.