[Mailman-Users] Can someone refresh my memory?

John W. Baxter jwblist at loricamail.com
Wed Apr 26 23:23:19 CEST 2006

On 4/26/06 12:30 PM, "Tom Ray" <tom at detroitonline.com> wrote:

> Our mail server crashed and we didn't have a back up of the Exim
> configuration file. We had some mailman lists running and I remember
> there was a command I put up at the top on the configuration file but I
> can't remember what is was. Can someone refresh my memory?
>
> I believe it was something along the lines of
> MM_LISTS=lists.list1.tld:lists.list2.tld
>
> Am I right? I already have the MAILMAN_HOME and MAILMAN_WRAP already
> set.

We don't have (or need) a list of the lists in the Exim configuration.  Exim
learns that a local part refers to a list by asking the file system (with
the require_files doing the file system query and the two local_part_suffix
things doing the work of turning, say listname-join, into listname for the
lookup):

mailman_router:
  driver = accept
  require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/$local_part/config.pck
  local_part_suffix_optional
  local_part_suffix = -bounces : -bounces+* : \
                      -confirm+* : -join : -leave : \
                      -owner : -request : -admin
  transport = mailman_transport

  --John